Meet the Popular Dance Litter
The Popular Dance puppies are here! SSD Cha-Cha gave birth to eight Labrador retriever puppies on August 29, 2020—two black females, two yellow females, and four black males. Everyone is doing well!
Everything the puppies experience during their first eight weeks helps to prepare them to become assistance dogs. You can help them gain new experiences and set them up for success by donating an item from our puppy wish list.
|Macarena (Rena)||yellow||female||teal collar|
As you watch them on the puppy cam, here are some milestones to look for:
- Week 1:
- Puppies twitch and move a lot in their sleep. They use their sense of smell to explore their surroundings.
- Week 2:
- The puppies’ eyes and ears open, and the pups begin crawling backwards.
- Week 3:
- The puppies start standing and begin to play.
- Week 4:
- The puppies should be actively playing with each other and wagging their tails. They’ll also start eating out of a dish.
- Week 5:
- Puppies start playing with toys.
- Week 6:
- The puppies are learning how to really use their paws and mouths and control their bodies.
- Weeks 7-8:
- Puppies are almost fully developed. You should be able to see the pups’ personalities.
These future service dogs will need puppy raisers soon!
Thank you to the Brenner Family
for their generous support of this puppy cam!