- About Us
- Global Vision
- News and Events
- Ways to Help
- Careers with KHS
- Advancing the Human Spirit
Susquehanna Service Dogs Puppy Raiser Application
Before completing this form, please review the following list of responsibilities that Susquehanna Service Dogs expects you to do with your puppy. Early experiences help insure success in later training!
- Lots of love and snuggling
- Lots of daily exercise – long walks, runs and panting puppies
- Diligence with housebreaking
- Regular attendance to SSD puppy classes (2-3 times per month)
- Special games at least twice a week
- Car rides all the time
- Walks in populated places
- Walks in parks and forests – especially important for young puppies to increase their learning capacity
- Go inside to new and interesting places at least once a week
- Take the puppy to meetings so it learns to wait quietly
- Discourage barking, except during playtime
- Absolutely NO feeding from the table – use the dog dish ONLY.
- Purchase food. This is the only cost the foster family is responsible for.
To begin the application procedure to volunteer your home to help raise a service dog puppy, please provide the following information.