Peer Support Services offer men and women in recovery from mental illness supports from our Certified Peer Specialists. Our Recovery Specialists have received or are currently receiving mental health services, making them uniquely qualified to support others on their own journey to recovery from mental illness.
Recovery is a journey and each person takes their own path to heal and grow. Relationships and environments that provide hope, empowerment, choices and opportunities assist people to reach their full potential. Our Recovery Specialists walk beside each person on their journey to recovery, offering support and understanding.
Recovery is a journey and each person takes their own path to heal and grow.
Peer Support helps individuals gain control over their recovery and participation in the community and helps to give them a voice in the services they receive. Recovery Specialists work with individuals in their own homes or in the community. Our Peer Support Services work in conjunction with any other services a person may be receiving, including therapy, residential supports, psychiatry and case management.
Peer Support Services may include:
- Domestic skill building
- Nutritional education
- Medication and illness management
- Increasing mobility in the community
- Money management skill building
- Interpersonal skill building
- (re)gaining physical health
- Identifying and pursuing vocational or educational growth
- Identifying and pursuing leisure activities
- Improving time management
- Increasing community participation