- Videos of Recovery from Mental Illness
Sharing stories of recovery from mental illness is an empowering experience and can serve as a source of hope for others. Dana Carl, a member of Keystone's Mental Health Services Leadership Council, shares some of the strengths and skills she relies on for her own recovery and to support others on their journeys to recovery.
- Keystone Human Services Announces Kristopher A. Weaver as New Director of Development
Kris Weaver brings valuable experience in development to his new role at Keystone Human Services.
- Keystone Human Services Strengthens Commitment to Community Services for People with Disability with Acquisition of New Jersey-Based Partnerships for People
As of April 1, 2018, Keystone Human Services has acquired Partnerships for People, a New Jersey-based nonprofit supporting people with disability to live and work in the community.
- Summer Dog Camp Registration Opens on April 2
Registration for Susquehanna Service Dogs' Summer Dog Camp opens on April 2 at 6 pm. Campers ages 10–14 spend a week learning about and working with future service dogs.
- Become a Rehabilitation Specialist
We're hiring Rehabilitation Specialists! Find your rewarding career supporting men and women in recovery from mental illness to focus on their strengths, build family relationships, and community connections. Learn more and apply for this position and our other open positions.
- People’s Flea and Festival to Benefit Susquehanna Service Dogs
Save the date for the People's Flea and Festival, coming up on April 21 in Harrisburg, PA. Booth spaces are available for individuals, home-based businesses, and vendors. Attendees can shop and enjoy food from several food trucks. All proceeds benefit Susquehanna Service Dogs.
- Spotlight on Our Employees: Matt Miller
Every employee with Keystone Human Services has a vital role to play in advancing the human spirit. Matt Miller recently celebrated his 30th anniversary with Keystone! Matt started his career as a Direct Support Professional and now works in our Information Systems Department. He understands that technology plays a significant role in supporting people with disability to live full lives in the community. Congratulations on 30 years and thank you, Matt, for your dedication to our mission!
- Enroll your child in Capital Area Head Start for the 2018-2019 school year
Enrollment is open for Head Start and Early Head Start for the 2018-2019 school year. If you are pregnant or have a child ages 0-5, you may be eligible.
- We're hiring in Connecticut
We're looking for Direct Support Professionals in Connecticut to support people with disability living in our new Community Living Arrangements. Positions are open in Griswold, Colchester, Newtown, Bloomfield, and Watertown. You can search and apply for these and our other open positions in Pennsylvania, Connecticut, and Delaware.
- Register to Support Susquehanna Service Dogs in the Highmark Walk
Registration for the Highmark Walk for a Healthy Community is now open! Susquehanna Service Dogs is participating in this year's walk to raise $30,000 to fund the perfect match between a person and their service dog. When you sign up between now and February 15 and make a $30 (or more) personal donation, you'll be entered to win a pair of Hershey Bears tickets for the game on March 4.
- The People’s Flea and Festival
Join 105.7 the X and Keystone Human Services on Saturday, April 21 for The People’s Flea and Festival, featuring a flea market, arts and crafts vendors, and food trucks. Proceeds benefit Susquehanna Service Dogs.
- Lace up your walking shoes, because it’s time for the Highmark Walk for a Healthy Community!
Susquehanna Service Dogs is participating in the 2018 Highmark Walk, and we need your help to reach our goal of raising $30,000—the cost of raising, training, and placing a service dog.
- Keystone Human Services Announces Gregory N. Wellems as New Executive Director of Intellectual Disability Services
Gregory Wellems brings a wealth of experience in human services to his new role at Keystone Human Services.
- Meet One of Our Direct Support Professionals
Our Direct Support Professionals (DSPs) work every day to support people to live full, meaningful lives in the community. Last month, we recognized our employees who are celebrating their 25th, 30th, and 35th anniversaries with Keystone Human Services. One of those employees is Bill Gingrich, who celebrated his 35th anniversary. He’s been supporting the same individuals since he first joined us.
News Stories From 2017
- A New Way of Thinking about the Potential and Possibility for an Inclusive India
- Find your career with Keystone
- Support Keystone Human Services as You Shop
- Share the Possibilities with the Children of Moldova this #GivingTuesday
- Tracy Kralik Receives 2017 Edna Silberman Humanitarian Service Award
- Dr. Ludmila Malcoci of Keystone Human Services International Receives Professional Leadership Award
- Pennsylvania Treasurer Torsella hosts roundtable in Dauphin County to discuss PA ABLE Program
- Veronica Rotaru Received ANCOR’s 2017 International Direct Support Professional of the Year Award
- Capital Area Head Start Receives Federal Grant to Extend Classroom Hours