Chocolatefest’s cake competition draws some of the finest culinary talent to Central PA! In partnership with Harrisburg Magazine, the cake competition is a fun way for chefs to showcase their pastry skills and promote their company. Last year’s “Frozen” theme resulted in some spectacular cakes!
This year’s theme is “Reach for the Stars.”
To register for the cake competition, complete the appropriate registration form:
Fax or mail your form by January 19, 2018 to:
ATTN: Marlo Paxson
124 Pine Street
Harrisburg, PA 17101
- The Chocolatefest cake competition will have three judging divisions:
- Student Chef category
- Professional Chef category
- Retail Chef category
- Chefs may enter only one division.
- Each Chocolatier organization may have as many students participating as they wish, but only one entry per participant please.
- A box suitable for transportation must accompany every cake entry.
- Every part of the cake must be edible except the tiers and supports
- Each cake must have a cake description and ingredient list submitted with entry.
- Each participant will be given one complimentary Premiere ticket (10:00 am to 11:30 am). Please check the box on the registration form if you would like a ticket.
- A panel of recognized pastry experts will judge entries in all divisions.
- Entries will be judged blind.
- Winners will be announced at approximately 11:15 am.
- Awards will be presented to all winners!
- Cake size may be 10 inches, 12 inches, or 14 inches in diameter.
- Base cannot exceed 20 inches.
- Every part of the cake must be edible except the tiers and supports, and no part of the cake decorations/stand will be returned.
- The theme “Reach for the Stars” must be followed.
- Most Creative display of the Chocolatefest theme “Reach for the Stars”
- Most Original
- Most Tasty (Student Chef categories only)
- Student Chefs
Please deliver all Student Chef cakes to Barb Barksdale inside the Great American Hall in Hershey Lodge and Convention Center on January 28, 2018 between 7:30 am and 8:30 am.
All Student Chef cake entries will be cut and served to Chocolatefest attendees.
- Professional and Retail Chefs
Please deliver all Professional Chef and Retail Chef cakes to Marlo Paxson inside the Great American Hall in Hershey Lodge and Convention Center on January 28, 2018 between 7:30 am and 8:30 am.
All Retail and Professional Chef cake entries will be auctioned off during the silent auction.