To be eligible for ACAP, individuals must:
- Be twenty-one (21) years of age or older
- Be eligible for Medical Assistance, including Medical Assistance for Workers with Disabilities (MAWD) for persons currently employed
- Have a diagnosis of an Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD)
- Live or plan to live in Lancaster, Dauphin, Cumberland or Chester Counties in Pennsylvania (participant must live in one of the four counties at the time of enrollment)
- Need an Intermediate Care Facility (ICF) level of care
- Not have behaviors that are dangerous to themselves or others or that could cause harm to property
- Not be enrolled in a Medical Assistance Managed Care Organization at the time of enrollment
- Not be enrolled in the Health Insurance Premium Payment (HIPP) Program at the time of enrollment
- Not be enrolled in a Medical Assistance home and community based waiver program at the time of enrollment
- Have three or more substantial functional limitations in the following areas of major life activity: self-care, receptive and expressive language, learning, mobility, self-direction, or capacity for independent living
In order to enroll, you must call the Bureau of Supports for Autism and Special Populations at 1-866-539-7689 (toll-free) and request an application for enrollment. The Bureau of Supports for Autism and Special Populations will mail applications in the order of the date and time people call.
If you have questions about eligibility and enrollment in ACAP and would like to speak to someone directly, call Keystone Autism Services at 717-220-1465. You can also request information online.
Frequently Asked Questions
As a parent of an adult with autism, is my income considered in determining Medical Assistance (MA) eligibility?
Do I lose my MA coverage by joining ACAP? Do I still have health insurance if I join ACAP?
If I have a diagnosis, such as Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, in addition to Autism Spectrum Disorder, am I still eligible for ACAP?
Will I need to change my primary care physician and/or dentist upon enrollment into ACAP?
Keystone Autism Services
3700 Vartan Way
Harrisburg, PA 17110
Pennsylvania Department of Human Services
Bureau of Supports for Autism and Special Populations
P.O. Box 2675
Harrisburg, PA 17105