- About Us
- Global Vision
- News and Events
- Highmark Walk for a Healthy Community
- Travelers Championship Chip in for Charity Fundraiser
- 5K, One-Mile Walk, and Kids’ Sprint
- Keystone Golf Tournament
- Assistance Dogs International North American Trainer’s Conference
- Calendar of Events
- Buy Event Tickets
- Keystone Supporting Beslan
- Articles of Interest
- Ways to Help
- Careers with KHS
Stay Up to Date on the Funding Crisis
On November 11, 2011, the Department of Public Welfare (DPW) cut funding for services to people with intellectual disabilities for the current year. The cut took the form of a 6% plus reduction to the audited costs of providing the services for the Fiscal Year 2009/2010. For Keystone, on an annualized basis, this cut is in excess of $4,000,000. These cuts apply to all intellectual disability services and all intellectual disability providers across Pennsylvania.
Keystone Human Services is working very closely with DPW officials to develop more cost effective strategies essential to supporting these critical services for the long term.
We will be providing regular updates on this issue, as well as hosting meetings with family members to keep families apprised of the impact of these cuts. Register below to stay up to date on the funding crisis.
PAR’s legislative action center is also an excellent resource on these matters and makes it very easy to communicate by email with our elected officials.
Read Additional Information
Proposed Budget 2012-13
- Intellectual disability advocates hold huge rally at Capitol (Owens, Dennis. ABC 27 WHTM. May 2, 2012. www.abc27.com)