- About Us
- Global Vision
- News and Events
- Ways to Help
- Advancing the Human Spirit
“Keep Your Promise” Rally
There will be a “Keep Your Promise” Rally at the Capitol in Harrisburg Wednesday, May 2, 2012 at 12:00 noon.
The Pennsylvania Waiting List Campaign, Disability Rights Network of PA, Philadelphia Police and Fire Association for Handicapped Children, Pennsylvania Advocacy and Resources for Autism and Intellectual Disabilities, Pennsylvania Association of Rehabilitation Facilities, Pennsylvania Community Providers Association, Self Advocates and Family Alliance, Self Advocates United as One, Speaking for Ourselves, The Arc of Pennsylvania, The Philadelphia Alliance, the Philadelphia Coalition, Vision for EQuality, and many other organizations across the State will be holding the Rally in Harrisburg to stop the proposed Governor's Budget that will cut services to citizens in Pennsylvania.
- There is NO Waiting List Initiative in the proposed budget.
- NO funding for our High School Graduates, aging caregivers, or people and families who need support.
- Autism funding is cut back and NO increased funding is offered.
- STOP the Block Grant and restore the proposed 20% cut to Base funding.
- All cuts to all services must be stopped.
- We reject state institutions as an option for our family members.
- Send in your story to share with Legislators.
You are encouraged to attend and have your voice heard.
You MUST make an appointment to meet your legislator. CALL TODAY!
Consider forming a carpool to the Rally or share a ride if you must!