- About Us
- Global Vision
- News and Events
- Ways to Help
- Advancing the Human Spirit
DiSC Personal Profiling
DiSC Dimensions of Behavior: A Plan to Understand Ourselves and Others
The Keystone Institute offers the DiSC Dimensions of Behavior workshop annually and it is open to all employees. We are also available to provide this workshop to workgroups and teams as it is an excellent exercise in building team cohesiveness and strengthening work team relationships.
The foundation for personal and professional success lies in understanding yourself, understanding others, and realizing the impact of personal behavior on each other. For nearly 30 years, the DiSC Classic Profile System has unlocked the door to productive communication and relationships.
The DiSC Classic Profile presents a plan to help you understand self and others in a specific environment. You are the central focus as you heighten understanding of your style and identify the environment most conducive to your success. At the same time, you learn about the differences of others and the environment they require for maximum productivity and harmony in the work organization.
The DiSC model identifies four dimensions of behavior:
- People with a high "D" behavioral tendency seek to shape their environment by overcoming opposition to accomplish results.
- People with a high "i" behavioral tendency seek to shape their environment by influencing or persuading others.
- People with a high "S" behavioral tendency seek to cooperate with others to carry out their tasks.
- People with a high "C" behavioral tendency seek to work within existing circumstances to ensure quality and accuracy.
During a DiSC workshop, participants will complete the DiSC Classic profile and plot the outcomes on a 7-segment graph. There are 2041 possible combinations of these four dimensions of behavior! They will also engage in exercises that will demonstrate the intricacies of each behavior pattern when interacting with differing behavioral patterns. Human behavior is complex and we are each unique. But an understanding of each of the four dimensions and the intensity each plays out in our personal style can go a long way toward building successful relationships at work and at home.
DiSC Classic is not a test. You cannot pass or fail. There isn't a best pattern. Research evidence supports the conclusion that the most effective people are those who know themselves, know the demands of the situation, and adapt strategies to meet those needs. Participants in a DiSC workshop will learn to:
- Identify your work behavioral style
- Create the motivational environment most conducive to success
- Increase your appreciation of different work styles
- Identify and minimize potential conflicts with others